This spring I want to really push my creativity and get the Bay Area excited about documentary family sessions. I’m looking for a few new-to-me San Francisco Bay Area families to work with in February-April 2018.
(If you are outside of Bay Area but would like to fly me out to you, we can discuss.)
Documentary family photography is much more than a “style” of photography – it’s an approach to life. A way of being curious, empathetic, and respectful of where you are right now while capturing your everyday moments together.
Every family deserves to have pictures that represent them just as they are.
I am looking for…
- three expectant families with two or more siblings
- two families with 3+ kids under the age of 10-12-ish – SLOTS FILLED
- two families with grandparents who are watching the kids during the work week
- two families with stay-at-home dads
- three spots are open to any family dynamic – as long as we share the love for real life moments – SLOTS FILLED
What I expect from your family:
- Being open to be photographed in a documentary manner – no matching outfits, no posing, no direction – just spending quality time with your family. We’ll discuss what this means for your family – maybe we will document the first few hours of your morning together while still in PJs, or a sunny beach day adventure, or your usual evening routines
- Your commitment to the planned photo session date, minimum 4 hour session. If naps are part of the routine that’s great, if tantrums and time-outs happen, no sweat! Whatever happens, it is part of your life right now.
- Your consent to use the images on my website, Facebook page, portfolio, and any other possible publications (I will send you a model release)
- Feedback about your session experience
- Tagging yourself in your session Facebook posts and sharing your blog post would be hugely appreciated, but not mandatory especially if you want the pictures to remain anonymous
What you get:
- A free documentary family photo session
- Digital files printable up to 4×6 with printing rights (larger files, photo books and prints can be purchased separately)
- If a friend you refer to me books a session, you will earn credit towards print products and your friend gets a session discount
Fill out the form below to apply: